The Capitol Skyline Hotel is a hotel located near the United States Capitol in Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C. Designed by Morris Lapidus, the hotel opened in November 1962 as the Skyline Inn.
Morris Lapidus, an architect, primarily known for his Neo-baroque “Miami Modern” hotels constructed in the 1950s and 60s. A Russian immigrant, living in New York, he designed over 1000 buildings during a career spanning more than 50 years.
In 2002, the Rubell family (of Studio 54 fame) bought the hotel and did some major renovations to the hotel, including the pool area. The Best Western brand was dropped from the hotel and it was renamed Capitol Skyline Hotel.
- Free WiFi
- 24 hour fitness center featuring treadmills and elliptical trainers
- Complimentary morning and afternoon shuttle service to major Washington DC landmarks
- Complimentary 24 hour business center with a printer and work areas
- Secured overnite parking is available at the hotel for a fee of $25.00 plus applicable taxes
- Shuttle services are available to all three (3) major area airports. Please call 1-800-Bluevan or online at www.supershuttle.com